Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Update 8-28-07
The BeckMan is doing great and so is our family. Things are quite busy with the little guy progressing so quickly. He is now on the general pediatric floor and learning to eat and do the things that babies do. It is so much fun to hold and cuddle him now that his lines and chords have been greatly reduced. He is down to a PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) Line and a NG (naso-gastric) tube. He also seems to be much more comfortable being held and even prefers it, which nobody is complaining about. Well nobody besides Gwen who has about a 2 minute Beckham limit, though she loves spending time with him a few times during the day and even says "Beeb bee" when attempting to say his name.
While we don't have a date, we may be able to take him home sooner than later. Considering what he has been through he is doing absolutely amazing...your thoughts and prayers have helped him and our family through what has been an incredible ride. I guess I should say that it continues to be such a ride, but with higher highs and less lows.
Con Amor,
Nate, Kim, Gwen, and Señor Beckhamo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


22 comments:
Poor Gwen...she has the hardest head EVER!!
Beck looks awesome in his red outfit and so glad to hear that he's doing well and moved to the regular unit.
I'll say it now, and I will forever be saying it...you guys amaze me!
What an amazing story you have to tell. It has been so neat to read along with your ups and downs and highs and lows. I am so glad that things are continuing to go well right now for you guys! Beckham is one tough little guy! We are thinking of you daily and are so happy to hear the wonderful updates and how well you are doing. You are truly an incredible family!
We are so happy for you guys. This truly is a miracle and it has been amazing to watch your strength and faith. We continue to think about you and pray for you all.
Aaron and Katie Allred
So cute and we are glad that things are going great for you guys!! I wish you the best of luck and we will continue to hold you in our prayers!! Love ya- Sarah, Mike and Brinley Buhler
It is amazing how good Beckham looks. He is so cute and I'm glad to hear he is doing so well. It sounds like Gwen is trying hard to be a good big sister which can be very difficult according to Brooklyn. Thanks for all the updates. Love ya
Denim, Sandi, Brooklyn, and Ava
Yeah! Gwen and Paige have matching shiners! Darn those hard surfaces! Beckham looks awesome! I'm so happy to here that everything is going well for your family. We love you all and continue to remember you in our prayers.
Love,
The Skinners
YAY for progress! It's so good to hear that your family is doing so well...Poor Gwen's head though. It's a good thing kids are so tough, eh? Congrats on the progress and we can't wait for you to come home!
What a cutie! I'm so glad that he was able to move to the new unit! That is GREAT news! Poor Gwen, she looks so proud of her brother though! Our prayers are always with you guys, we all are amazed at you!
We love you guys and are just so thrilled that things are going so good. Thanks for letting me come see him again. He LOOKS wonderful! What a cutie. You guys are amazing. You have been such a great example to us. We continue to pray for you all.
Oh, and HOLY COW! Kim, you told me about Gwen's head, but I didn't expect it to be THAT bad. How sad! Hallie wants her to come play soon. Good luck with school Nate. We are thinking of you and will take good care of Kim!!
I am so happy to hear he continues to do so well!!
Much Love to our Transplant Cousins... I can't wait until we can meet in person.
~Crys
We are so thrilled for you guys. Thank you for posting updates.
I am so excited for your family and little Beckham! What a little fighter! Your story has gone so far and beyond just the people you know. It's touched so many people and you guys are so strong. Congrats and we'll continue to pray!
We are so grateful everything is going so well. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
What beautiful children you guys have. We have been following your blog and we are so thrilled to see Beckham doing so well. What a trooper!! He is amazing! We will continue to keep you in our prayers.
The Janke's
I am so thrilled for Beck and how far he has come. He is the strongest boy that I have ever met. He deserves the three of you! We love you!
Court, Doug & Drew
It is always good to hear an up date. We are so happy for you and it is good to hear that everything is going well. He looks so cute all dressed up. We will continue to pray for you. You are a wonderful family.
The Spjuts
Nathan, you may or may not remember me but I was stationed at Hill AFB for some time a few years back. I'm a good friend of the family. I just wanted to let you know that yau'll have a precious baby there and I will keep yau'll in my prayers. May God bless you and your family.
Hi Nate and Kim,
It is so great to see these wonderful photos of Beckham looking like a regular, adorable baby boy.
I am so glad things are working out so well for the little guy.
Love,
Rick
Ohhhhh he is just so sweet. Congrats, and keep posting updates!
Hi Kim! It's been so long since I've seen you! I'm glad that you and your family are doing well. Your blog is so touching, I'm so happy that your little guy is doing so good.
-Laura (Mitchell) Smith
Every time I read about your family I cry. You are truly an inspiration to us all! You have showed such poise and strength through such trials. I have nothing but respect for you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Renee Hill Holland (from down the street on Westview Drive)
You have so many people thinking of you guys and praying for your little beckham. What a miracle. We love you! :)
www.justinandheidinelson.blogspot.com
Post a Comment