Friday, August 10, 2007

Update 8/10/07

Gwen is still not sure quite what to think about everything

I would like to apologize for the delay in updates...I know many of you anxiously await news, but the reason for the silence is good news. Little dude has been very stable the last couple of days. In fact he has hardly had any change in status for the last couple of days which is what we need until he can get a new heart.

My mom and brothers left and Kim's parents are now here. I can't thank either of our families enough for the help with Gwen. She does pretty good here for about an hour, but then goes a little stir crazy. When that happens it usually means bringing pain upon herself in one way or another...her head tends to find every sharp edge in the building. Guess we are in the right place for her too.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers and we really hope we can give some news about a heart coming this way soon.

Love,
Nate, Kim, Gwen, and Becks

Think he is being monitored close enough?

11 comments:

{Erica} said...

GOOD NEWS!! HE looks so alert and well in that first picture. Now all we need is a heart...which we pray for multiple times a day. You guys are my hero! LOVE YA!

Debbi said...

Yeah he is doing so well! I love his little eyes - and his double chin! What a cutie!!!

We keep praying for you guys and little Beckham to get a heart. He is such a strong little boy!

You guys are amazing!!!!

Becky T said...

Hi Scadlock Family,

We heard about little Beckham from Karin Dance and I just wanted to say that we are thinking about you and praying for you here in New Orleans. We hope for nothing but the best. That little Beckham is one amazing little guy and you guys are an amazing family. Our prayers are with you!

The Thalgott Family

Mitzi said...

I'm glad that no news was good news. We continue to think about and pray for you guys!!! We hope that Beckham continues to stay stable until a heart comes!! It looks like he is being taken care of as best as possible by the staff there. I hope that you guys are weathering the storm okay... I admire your incredible strength throughout this trial!! If you need anything... an ear to listen... someone to vent with... whatever... we're only a phone call away. :) Lots of love from Ohio!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear good news! We think and pray for you all daily. I hope a heart comes soon.

Crystal said...

You continue to be in our Prayers. I pray Beckham gets his new heart quickly. And from a mom who is going through the very same thing, I'm saying a special prayer for you Kim. Stay Strong. The Lord will give you the strength you need.
Lots of Love,
Crystal

Courtney said...

I love how alert he is! Thank you for updating us all on how Beckham is doing. It was so good to see you guys yesterday. We are praying that your little guy gets a heart soon! We love you!

Anonymous said...

We were all praying that no news was good news. Still praying for you. Beckham is so cute such a big boy!
Lori PICU

Anonymous said...

Scadlock Family,

Nate, you have the most beautiful family and I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Morgan Spooner

The Jones Fam said...

I just wanted to add myself to the many who are praying for you and little Beckham! You are amazing parents! I am thinking of you all the time!
Love,
Natalie Jones

Natalie said...

Kim,
I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and praying for your family and sweet baby. I was so sad to hear that he was born these heart challenges and of course wish that you didn't have to go through everything you now are. I hope that everything will work out.
Natalie Roberts (Olsen)