Thursday, August 16, 2007
No Longer the Tinman! (8/16/07)
I would very much like to announce that Beckham is currently in surgery where he is going to get his new heart! Wow, today has been a wonderful whirlwind and we now have a heart for our little boy. After only 10 days on the organ waiting list we found out early (4am) this morning that there was a potential heart for Beck; he is now in surgery getting prepped and the heart is in transit.
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers to this point, though we know that transplantation is only the end of one battle and the beginning of another. With that state of mind we ask for your prayers to continue...we know that Beckham will continue to be a strong little fighter.
A more detailed update on how everything goes will come either tonight or tomorrow.
Love,
Nate, Kim, Gwen, and soon to be 'refurbished' Beck
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers to this point, though we know that transplantation is only the end of one battle and the beginning of another. With that state of mind we ask for your prayers to continue...we know that Beckham will continue to be a strong little fighter.
A more detailed update on how everything goes will come either tonight or tomorrow.
Love,
Nate, Kim, Gwen, and soon to be 'refurbished' Beck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
35 comments:
We are so glad that the many prayers for Baby Beckham have been answered. We know that this is only the first step of many & we will continue to pray for your sweet family. We love you guys! Your strength during this has been such an example to us!
Love, Aunt Barb, Uncle Glen & Brianna
Just received an email today from Peri Brown with news about your little baby boy. We want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with your family and Little Beckham. We hope all goes well today in the surgery.
Love,
Kacey (Scadlock), Bill, Malia & Dallin Perry
Just want you to know that everyone at Allied/Nationwide is thrilled that you are at this stage. You continue in our thoughts and prayers. We are all rooting for you and little Beckham.
With our love,
The Service Center Associates at Allied
I just got the email from Aunt Peri today. I wish I had known about it sooner but now that I do just wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and little Beckham! We'll look forward to checking your blog and reading how everything goes!
Love,
Marilee (Miller, Janet's daughter), Adam, Spencer, Annie, Garett and Logan Christofferson
As word went through the Service Center today there were audible cheers for little Beckham. Smiles and prayers along with a healthy number of tears are flowing your way. We are so happy that you have this wonderful gift. We know that this is another challenge that will have to be faced. Our prayers also go out to the family of the little one who was lost in another battle for mortality. What a gift to your little son. "Tender Mercies" can sometimes be overwhelming. Blessings to you all!
With my love,
Mark
YAY!!! This is the best day ever! Noah is getting released from the hospital today and Beckham gets his new heart!! The Lord definately hears our prayers.
Much Love,
Crystal Martin
I'm so happy for you! I've been stalking this blog silently for a while-but we've been praying for you and spreading the word...a lot of people are fighting for little Beckham. We'll keep praying that things go well for you! Love you all-
Joni
I'm sooo happy for you guys! We will now start praying that things go well iin surgery and that his body takes to the new heart! Keep us posted! YAY YAYA YAY!!
That's the best news I've ever heard!!!! YEAH for Beckham! We will keep you in our prayers all day today and hope everything goes so well!!! You guys are awsome!!!
Great news! All of you will continue to be a subject of my prayers as you enter a new phase. I admire your courage in this ongoing struggle. Good Blessings.
Love,
Grandma Nancy
wahoo! what great news! Hope all goes well!
Our prayers are with you during this time. My third child had open heart surgery at 4 months. I can sympathyze with the anguish of the unknown. Keep positive!
Paul Pickett
This is the best news. Jeff and I are praying for the best outcome. We love you to pieces and have you constantly in our thoughts.
He is a member of my club now! Love you guys! Kally
Good luck little guy! Prayers are being said.
The Arrhenius Family
What fabulous news! We will continue to pray for your family and for little Beckham that he'll handle this new heart with ease. Good luck to all of you!
-The Thalgott Family
Our prayers are with you and your family and we are so grateful that a heart came so quickly for little Beckham. Your dad has been keeping us posted, but he was short on details so we will look forward to reading your blog. We love you guys!
Don and Janet (Scadlock) Miller
YAY LITTLE BECKHAM!! Our prayers will continue to be with little Beckham and your family. What a happy day for you!
Haylee Mollerup and Family
I am Liz Durrant's mother and she just told me today about the needs of your precious little one. My thoughts were so tender of I thought of your little family. I just barely logged on to send my love and prayers. I was so overcome when I read that Beckham has an opportunity now to this heart surgery. I will include you in all my prayers. May you be comforted and have the energy you need.
May God Bless and Keep you
Louan Lowder
We are so glad to hear the good news! How exciting that you can move on to the next step. We hope and pray all goes well today in surgery.
Love,
The Lymans
I've been a silent stalker to your website as well.. we are so happy that you have a heart for your little guy! Good luck with the next few months! You're in our prayers...
--Rochelle Wilde (from you Deseret Book days... :)
Congratulations on Beck's new heart!! We are constantly praying for him and we will continue to do so. We love you guys so much and are rooting for Beckham in this fight.
Love,
Courtney, Doug & Drew
I saw my sister-in-law Erica's post about you guys and I just read this whole blog and as a mother of two young ones myself, am busy drying my tears! My prayers are with you and whatever happens today, know that you are special people, that God loves you, and loves especially your little one.
Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news! We hope all went well with the surgery. Beckham has been a fighter to this point and we pray that he continues to do well with his new heart!!! We love you guys! Kim and Nate you guys have been such troopers and a great inspiration to everyone with your hope and perseverence through all of this to date.
I am so glad to hear that your little guy gets a new heart. Our thoughts are with you as you go through the next step. Know we are thinking of you always.
Love,
Lexie, Spencer, and Emma Sautter
Our prayers continue for Beckham and his good family.
Congratulations. Mitzi called to tell us you had a heart for Beckham. Thoughts and prayers will continue in behalf of your family and on behalf of the family that was willing to allow your family to benefit from their loss.
Kris Kent
What great news! I am so happy for you! That is so exciting. I really hope all went well today with the surgery. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and look forward to updates!
Sarah Hill McGiven
We were just driving down the freeway on our way home from Vacation when Miquel called and gave us the great news, it was a very emotional moment for us. What a wonderful blessing. We are very grateful to say the least!! We love you all very much and pray that things continue to go well for our little guy Beck. G Judy & G. Joe
Oh gosh, congratulations! We are so excited and pray that everything will continue to go well. Your family looks great!
What wonderful news!!! We couldn't be more thrilled for you and little Beckham! He must have been born a true fighter! Our continued thoughts and prayers for your journey ahead :) Keep your spirits up! Love Andrea
Hey Congradulations!!!!! I am so excited for you, we will continue to pray for you BEAUTIFUL little family. We love and miss you guys.
Meghan, Tom, and Eden Robertson
Scadlocks, this is great news! We are praying for you and little Beckham.
We hope all went well with the surgery
Ryan and Katie Ericksen
I just learned about you through Erica's blog and have read your whole story, I will be praying for Beckham and hope the surgery went well. You guys are amazing- especially your "little dude". God Bless You!!
OH KIM! I am so glad you got our blog address and can now we can keep in touch. I heard about Beckham a couple of weeks ago and have thought about you much since. What a strong soul! WAIT, was that ski's I saw on that little tike in the ER? Sorry, hallucinations I guess! :) I miss your stinking guts and will keep you in my prayers. I don't have a personal email for ya, but here is mine so we can chat! skierdouglass@gmail.com!
Luff ya girl. Thanks for contacting me!
Mandy
Post a Comment