Monday, May 18, 2009
Cyclicality
Often times people speak of the revolving nature that our lives, jobs, and interests follow. In health care it is often times found one manner of care or a specific intervention will be presented as 'new' though it was tried, tested, and deemed unfounded many years ago. Then with our human nature it will be revived as "the new standard" which will last until it is once again found to be tried, tested, and unfounded as a standard of care.
Beckham also has found a very specific circle in which he follows. Health leads to viral/bacterial illness which leads to mechanical malfunctions (platelets, clotting disorders, etc) which leads to hospitalization which leads to health and then the pattern promptly continues.
All of this is a completely unnecessary manner to inform everybody that we are back in Iowa City. I'm quite positive a pattern could be formulated which correlated hospitalizations and our mainstay at the edge of insanity. Or maybe while we are at home we just walk a little closer to the line of sanity and we fell off that edge long ago. The latter is more likely or we probably wouldn't be doing so well.
Yes I agree, Kim should probably write our updates.
Anyway, Beckham has been vomiting, febrile, and lethargic. The lethargy is most worrisome because anybody that knows Beckham knows that he isn't one to sit still very long. So we are here tracking down the latest virus/bacteria/etc to hit the poor little guy.
I should go to bed.
Beckham also has found a very specific circle in which he follows. Health leads to viral/bacterial illness which leads to mechanical malfunctions (platelets, clotting disorders, etc) which leads to hospitalization which leads to health and then the pattern promptly continues.
All of this is a completely unnecessary manner to inform everybody that we are back in Iowa City. I'm quite positive a pattern could be formulated which correlated hospitalizations and our mainstay at the edge of insanity. Or maybe while we are at home we just walk a little closer to the line of sanity and we fell off that edge long ago. The latter is more likely or we probably wouldn't be doing so well.
Yes I agree, Kim should probably write our updates.
Anyway, Beckham has been vomiting, febrile, and lethargic. The lethargy is most worrisome because anybody that knows Beckham knows that he isn't one to sit still very long. So we are here tracking down the latest virus/bacteria/etc to hit the poor little guy.
I should go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bummer! I'm sorry to hear that you are back in IC. Kim, I swear that if I still lived there we might actually see each other since that is your home away from home. I wish we could hang. We haven't seen you guys in FOREVER! Maybe summer weather will finally bring a break from sickness and you will be able to enjoy some down time. :)
Post a Comment