Monday, March 30, 2009
Platelets
After labs and our long wait, we have the results of Beckham's platelet levels. The long awaited number is....17. Can you believe it? His levels actually rose! It's a miracle! Nate and I were truly shocked by the news, especially because Beckham has been a bloody faucet all day from his mouth and nose (he currently has a cold and it is much worse than normal due to his extra immuno suppression from the steroids). Let's hope and pray that it stays that way and that his levels continue to rise. The plan now is to cancel our Iowa City trip for tomorrow as well as his dose of Rituxin, and give this little guy more time to heal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
27 comments:
Caught Red Handed! LOL..I am so glad his platelets are rising...being home has probably helped with that.
YAY!!!
That is the cutest picture ever!!
I love that picture. So stinking cute. Ya for higher platelet levels!!!
that picture is precious, and congrats on the 17!
Yea Beckham! What a trooper - he really is just one surprise after another, huh? I love that he could fall asleep with Desitin all over his face!
He is adoreable! Sooooo excited about a 17! That is awesome! Keep it up, Beck!
love the picture and so glad to hear good news for you guys!!
Yay for Beckham's platelets!! It looks like your mom won the bet. :) That is such great news. I hope they continue to rise. That picture of Beckham is SO funny! He looks great though. His little face looks so much better from the last pictures you posted of his bruising. Oh, I just hope so badly things continue to improve for your little guy. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Hooray! I'm so glad to hear that they are rising... Hopefully it continues!
YAY! Praise the Lord!!!! I love the pic... He is so freaking adorable.
So pleased to read about the platelet rise and I just love that gorgeous picture too :o) Xxx
Congratulations! That is great news! What a funny picture!
What a sweetie. Looks like his home is just what he needed. I can't believe they shot up so much!! That's GREAT!
So happy you guys got to go home!
I'm so happy! And that picture is just fantastic. It almost looks like he was the first to fall asleep at a slumber party. So glad to have some good news.
Fantastic news! That photo is priceless. I love it!!! Continued improvement wishes being sent your way. :)
What a stud! I'm so glad his platelets finally rose. I've been keeping track of him!
Love you guys!
You've always had kids who love to get into Desitin and other ointments--hee hee. I love that he fell asleep. It's like he used it as a little falling-asleep ritual.
I'm SO HAPPY YOU ARE HOME!!!! YAY!!!! YAY for his platelet level at 17!!! That is so amazing. I hope you are having better weather than we are--it has been crap-tacular for over a week now--snow blizzards and all. Are you able to get out walking at all?
Did you get my "Yellow Ledbetter" unheard lyrics email I sent to you on Facebook? You need to watch it so you can tell me how funny it was. PLEASE show it to Nate, too. Ha ha!
Love you guys! Give Beck and Gwen more hugs and kisses from me and Evan!
And, by the way, Beck weights 26 pounds now??? What a little stud!! He's now officially passed Evan up. I'm not sure if Evan is even quite 25 lbs. yet. I guess I'll find out tomorrow at his 2-year well-check. Can you believe that he'll be 2 on Friday??? Craziness.
What awesome news! Hope it continues to rise!
That is FABULOUS news! I love that little chubby faces smeared with destin, absolutely LOVE IT!
that's great news! love that pic...too funy! God bless him!
Hurray! Great news!!!!
Your pictures crack me up!! Beck does like to get into mischief doesn't he? So happy to hear his levels went up. We'll pray for a continued rising in his numbers. His pics look great compared to when we saw him. Keep up the good work!!
Heidi, Kevin & Ellie
Hi Kim!
Just wanted to let you know I'm still thinking about you and the fam! I follow your blog regularly!
Love you and glad to hear the good news about Beck!
McKenzie :)
First I have to say how hilarious this picture is. We both got a good chuckle out of it. I wanted to let you know that even though I've been a slacker about leaving comments on your blog, that I check it regularly & that your family is in our prayers. You guys are amazing...and hurray for your good news too!
That picture is so adorable! Hopefully things go better for you guys
That is the cutest picture I have ever seen!
Post a Comment