Friday, March 13, 2009
One more day, one less on the platelet count...
...I haven't been doing these updates so I'm not sure where we left off, but we are currently at no rise in platelet count with just tomorrow to go on the IVIG therapy.
They will hold off from checking his count tomorrow and wait until Sunday. If there is a decent rise by then we will just wait out the storm. If we remain at status quo they will give Beck one more day and check counts on Monday morning. Another lab draw of low platelet counts would mean the need to seek out other reasonings behind the ITP.
So, no increase in counts would lead to a Bone Marrow Biopsy on Monday morning. That would give information about both stem cells and other immature cells. Two major reasons for that:
First, it has become necessary to look at Leukemia as a possibility. This test would tell us yeah or nay.
Second, if they find a decent number of megakaryocytes (thrombocyte (platelet) producers) they can be more sure that Beckham in fact has the ability to produce platelets, he just isn't in any hurry.
So all-in-all the situation still sucks, Beckham though is still fun and somewhat happy (except for the whole hospital thing), and we are still waiting for answers.
They will hold off from checking his count tomorrow and wait until Sunday. If there is a decent rise by then we will just wait out the storm. If we remain at status quo they will give Beck one more day and check counts on Monday morning. Another lab draw of low platelet counts would mean the need to seek out other reasonings behind the ITP.
So, no increase in counts would lead to a Bone Marrow Biopsy on Monday morning. That would give information about both stem cells and other immature cells. Two major reasons for that:
First, it has become necessary to look at Leukemia as a possibility. This test would tell us yeah or nay.
Second, if they find a decent number of megakaryocytes (thrombocyte (platelet) producers) they can be more sure that Beckham in fact has the ability to produce platelets, he just isn't in any hurry.
So all-in-all the situation still sucks, Beckham though is still fun and somewhat happy (except for the whole hospital thing), and we are still waiting for answers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Bummer news. We're praying for you to get some answers!! Also praying that the IVIG does something. Praying that it's not Leukemia.
We'll be watching for updates.
Still praying for you and Beckham. I wish I lived closer so I could help you out with the temporal stuff.
Natalie
OH SWEET BABY NOAH.. I am praying for you tonight. You are adorable.
I know what it is like to have a child having blood tests and waiting and hoping and wondering and worrying. I am calling on St. Jude to help the Doctors find the answers to make this little guy all healthy again. Please feel God's love surround you.
I have been reading your blog for a while now Kim and all I can say is you guys are incredibly strong as a family!! You guys are such examples for other people!! We are all praying that things will be okay soon!
I'm so sorry. I really hope that the doctors can get to the bottom of this soon. Beck looks terrible! Still adorable though!
Oh yikes, I hope you can avoid a bone marrow biopsy. We will keep praying and hoping and waiting. This poor little boy...
Oh Beck we are so glad that even though you don't look so hot you are feeling well for the most part. Kim and Nate hang in there Matt and I are praying it's not leukemia. Kim if you need anything let me know I will be at the U of I for a clinic appointment with Mason on Friday the 20th at 8:00.
Nate...call me! We would love to watch Gwen anytime this week. (all day) so just tell me when...
Kim, what can I say friend, I am so sorry! We have Beckham in our prayers everyday. Hang in there, and just know how much you and your sweet little family is loved.
We are praying for you guys. I am so sorry for all that you are going through.
wow. I'm stunned. Praying hard that B improves soon. Can't begin to fathom this, and I'm so moved by your strength in handling this crisis. Hang in there.
S
Hang in there, Scadlock family! Still hoping and praying!!
Post a Comment