Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Update 10/15/08
The results from all of Beckham's tests came back (which were a lot!) and the culprit for his illness is a UTI. This makes sense because a UTI can have all sorts of symptoms, and Beckham had a whole bunch of symptoms. They ranged all the way from horrible vomiting (that couldn't be controlled with Zophran), diarrhea, fever, smoking high blood pressure (147/88), and super pale skin. Beckham also had bruises covering his face, arms and legs. This was caused from his platelet counts being low. They were not low enough for him to need a platelet transplant, but still low none-the-less.
As for now Beck is being given antibiotics and anti-nausea meds. If he can keep food and liquids down then we may get to go home today. Here's hoping!
As for now Beck is being given antibiotics and anti-nausea meds. If he can keep food and liquids down then we may get to go home today. Here's hoping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Poor thing. UTI's are the worst! I'm happy to hear that he is on his way to going home and feeling better.
Poor baby! I never knew UTI's were so awful! I hope Beck is well soon!
Poor Beckham! Poor Mommy, too. Being in the hospital that much starts to make you crazy. Hopefully things will start to calm down for you guys now that they have everything figured it. It's so hard with babies...if they could only tell us the problem! Break out a fresh bottle of hand sanitizer and get prepped for flu season-yikes! You guys don't need any more hospital time.
Prayers for a healthy Scadlock home!
Heidi Schmidt
Hey there,
I know this is not easy. Trust me, I KNOW, this is not easy. There will be days like this, and days much harder, and days harder still. But there will also be wonderful magical days that make it all worthwhile. Hang in there.
Best,
Sadaf
Little Beckham is the ultimate tropper. I hope he is feeling better and I hope you all get to be home as a family soon. ps-I loved the pictures Erica did. You have the cutest kids. :)
I'm so sorry Kim, I hope he is home and feeling better. You both are troopers, you are an amazing mom Kim. We will keep you in our prayers. I wish you were closer so we could help.
Come on Beck get healthy! oh man I have no idea whats going on since this update cuz I just got home from vaca, but I hope you are home!!! Love ya!
Man it looks like you guys get to have all the adventures!! We will continue to keep you in our prayers and hope that you can have a sickless winter this year!!
Post a Comment