Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new rule

I often sit and think about how much I have learned in life, how each experience gives me a new perspective and outlook, and how rules come about because you either fail or succeed. You all know what I mean and I'm sure that you all have a long list that you are thinking of right now. Here are a few of ours:

*Learning that Nate is SUPER grumpy if he does not eat, and making a rule that he HAS to eat ALL the time!
*Learning that, no matter what, I cannot sew. I just can't! And making a rule that I either contact my mom or my mother-in-law for ALL of my sewing needs.
*Learning that my little Gwen will speak her mind, no matter where we are, causing me to enforce a rule for Gwen to have "inside" and "outside" words and voices. Example: Gwen and I were in Target the other day doing some shopping, and right when I walked into the isle filled with people, Gwen, decides to yell at the top of her voice "it's a fart." And then when we walked down another isle, she looked over at a cute little girl (who did nothing to Gwen) and yelled "I don't like her!"
*Learning that Beckham can strip down to his birthday suit in a matter of seconds, and making the rule that he ALWAYS has to wear a onesie to help him stay partially clothed (and even then, he is able to find away to strip down to nothing). It's a good thing that we are not able to take him out because he would greet everyone with ALL of his glory!

And of course, our newest learned, rule:

*Nate is NOT allowed to cut Beckham's hair because it will turn out looking like a child on chemotherapy!

Note that he is, of course, in a onesie!

-Beckham & Co.

13 comments:

J and C said...

Ha! I had to put Asher in a onsie for a while so he wouldn't stick his hand down his pants and smear poop everywhere! I think Beckham looks cute! Awesome that you are headedto Iowa City! Courtney

Jen said...

at least he's still cute...and at least it was Nate who cut his hair and not Beckham or Gwen...he he.

Sandi said...

Denim and his brother Chris did that to Crosby's hair when I when on a trip to california last summer! I made a rule for denim that day too:)

Tiffany said...

Beck still looks supercute! And I can so see Gwen deciding, loudly, that she doesn't like someone in a neighboring grocery cart. What a funny girl.

Did Nate fast today, reminding you of his rule?

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Funny...Beck & Isaac are sporting the same chemo look. Good thing they both have those chubby checks!

cici said...

I love your family. I love you. You are the funniest, most honest and the best!!
Beckham shines in his new chromedome! by daddy, ;)
Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you.

♥tori. said...

He's still completely adorable!! And that is hilarious about Gwen. Oh and don't you worry I can't sew either, you're not alone.

Tiffany Lockette said...

He is still a cutie pie. Cute post. My daughter is in the strip down to nothing stage to. Lord help us all!!

RHONDA said...

AWW!! HE IS ADORABLE!!! LOVED YOUR POST AND LAUGHING TOO..CAUSE ZEB IS OUR LITTLE STRIPPER TOO..ONE DAY HE STRIPPED FOR AN OLDER LADY AND HER FRIENDS IN CHICKFILA...IT WAS NOT FUNNY...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
RHONDA
WWW.LYLEFAMILY5.BLOGSPOT.COM

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Hi! not sure if you remember me, but I'm emily Graber, cofounder of Help-A-Heart. I've been following your blog for quite some time & am glad to hear all is well with your fam. When I heard you were moving to IC, I thought of a friend who is currently renting out a condo in IC that would be interested in renting or selling you her place. It's a 2 BR with a detached garage i think...it's kind of a like an apt complex but nicer. Anyway, not sure what your housing plans are or your timeline but wanted to get in touch. Congrats! My email is grabereb@yahoo.com & my carepage is gabegraber. Hope to hear from you soon!
Emily

Courtney said...

Ha ha! Beck does look like a little chemo child...but an adorable one at that!

And as for the children who blurt out exactly what's on their mind no matter where you are, I have one of those too! All you can do is laugh through it.

Sure miss you. Lots of Love!

Hoggards said...

Seriously, don't feel bad about the onsie thing. Aaron wore them for a long time cause he was always sticking his hand in his pants. I happen to love onsies!

Crystal said...

I learned the Must Eat rule with Shane a long time ago. It must be a guy thing.

And even without hair, Beckham is the cutest thing ever. I love him!!