Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Accepted!

I know that I am WAY behind on my posts, so I'll try to catch-up this week with the blog. At least I can use the holidays as an excuse, right?

But, first off:


Nate, Beckham, and the rest of us, will be trading in our Utah Utes gear for something a little less red and a little more BLACK & YELLOW! Something that looks a little more like this:

That's right, Nate has been officially accepted to the Doctorate of Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner) program at the University of Iowa, and we could not be more thrilled (seriously!). This is something that we have hoped and prayed for, for a long time - to stay in Iowa for Beckham's health care and to get Nate accepted into a top DNP program. Nate is thrilled by this news.....though he is dreading going back to school again. His program will start in June, and we will be looking at moving to Iowa City soon.

Way to go Nate! We're so proud of you!

14 comments:

{Erica} said...

We are so excited for you guys (although we knew he'd get in :D).

YAY!

JDM said...

Congratulations Nate!
We are so happy for you guys.

But deep in your hearts you'll still be Ute fans right?

The Simmons Family said...

Congratulations to ALL of you for Nate being accepted!! I hope you had a great Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Ryan said...

Nice work and parabens.

lexie said...

congrats! I am so glad that you guys to get stay in Iowa.

Lainey-Paney said...

Congratulations!!!!

cici said...

So happy for you! Beckham looks wonderful.
Happy New Year!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

So happy that things are going the way you want! We were driving through SLC and saw a billboard for Scaddy's...thought of you guys.

RHONDA said...

CONGRATS!!!

RHONDA ~

Posh Totty said...

Thats great news :O)

Happy New Year Xxx

Jenn said...

Congrats and how exciting that things are working out so great for you guys! :) Im so happy for you!!

allison said...

congratulations! that is awesome. I am glad it all worked out for you guys

Jen said...

that is great news!! congratulations.

Heidi Schmidt said...

Wow, that is sooo amazing!! Huge congrats to you, Nate! That is a big accomplishment. Get ready for more books, eeek.

I do have to say most of my excitment is that we'll live so close now. Yipee for playdates!!!!

Heidi, Kevin & Ellie