Beckham had a cardiology appointment this past Friday. This was the first time he did not have to get and EKG or an x-ray. He was only required to get an ECHO and see the doctor. The ECHO looked great and showed that Beckham's ticker is working great. Beck also has had a negative CMV test for the past three months so the doctor took him off of the Valcyte! I can't tell you what a difference this makes in his behavior. That med is really harsh on his system and he is acting like a different baby now that he is off of it. We also took him off of another med and that means that Beck is officially on only 2 meds (knock on wood)! The doctor seemed really pleased with him and even said that it would be alright for us to take him on vacation. Yeah! Now all we have stopping us from visiting Utah next month would be if he got an illness. Lets pray that he will stay healthy. I am not sure if that will be easy because Gwen woke up with a fever and congestion this morning. She is cutting her 2 year old molars...so lets hope that is the cause of her sickness.
This is Beckham's new face he makes. Again, doesn't his scar look awesome?Beckham's Tacro (Prograf) levels have been a little harder to regulate lately. They have upped his does quite a bit. I am not sure if it is a side effect of Tacro with the combination of being off of Valcyte, but whatever it is, it has caused Beckham to be constantly hungry. He even wakes up hungry during the night (oh joy). You can imagine how hard this makes the three hour period where he cannot eat during morning and night med times. I was hoping that because of this I would see an large increase in his weight at his last appointment...but it was minimal. We will just keep hoping that he will plump up some time. Our name for him right now is "a fat boy stuck in a skinny boys body."
We pretty much have only good things to report (knock on wood again) and we have mostly been up to enjoying the beautiful summer weather. Now that the flood waters have started to recede, we have been going out a lot. Nate's brother Trevor recently visited us and we were able to go to the Omaha zoo with him. The Omaha zoo is one of the best zoos I have ever been to. If you are able to go, do. You will not be disappointed. Here are some highlights of our zoo trip.
I'll leave you all with a fun video of my kiddos.
-Kim, Nate, Gwen & Beckham
12 comments:
That's awesome! We can't wait to see you guys and meet Beckham at last!
your kids are so cute and I can't believe that Gwen is 2!! Ok I can is just seems like you just had her and you already have another cute little one. I love the tricycle we got that same one for B this year and she loves it!! Hopefully we will see you this next month!!!!
Awww lovely pics .... am impressed by Beckhams scar, you can hardly see it at all, the surgeon sure did a good job there :o) .... Im pleased to say my little mans scar is the same and hardly noticable now too.
I am glad that you guys are able to get out of the house more. I hate being stuck inside all day! That is awesome about Beck doing so well, We will keep our fingers crossed that it stays that way for your vacation
yeah for good reports!!!!
That video was great, especially where Nate wins the dad of the year award for knocking Gwen over! That is so funny! Also I can't believe how great Beckam's scar is healing, you can hardly see it. Such a cute boy.
Beckham is so stinking cute!! I couldn't even see his scar, that is amazing. I hope you make it to Utah, and I am sad we won't be there to see you :( maybe next time.
I am so glad that you guys will get to come to Utah!! We would LOVE to see you. I love your zoo pictures. It's just so good to see all of your faces! Beckham is a trooper. I am so glad that he can travel and it sounds like he is just doing so much better. And Gwen is 2! I just can't believe it. She is so dang cute. We think the world of you guys and are blown away by your strength. What an amazing family you are. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! And where did you get that tube thing? We will have to get one when these guys get a little bigger.
Those two are so cute! I love the diaper shot! You're teacher her early!
Drew keeps saying, "I pway with Gwen today!" So we need to get together and play! We love seeing you at the water park, it's nice for Drew to have someone who will actually play!
Did I seriously forget Gwennifer's birthday??? What kind of a loser friend am I? Well, I must be sure to remember your bday next week. I love "Gwen the Flasher," by the way. She totally gets that from her mother. I'll be praying that you and the rest of the fam get feeling better soon. Tell Nate I'm sorry about his crazy cankers! Hope you lose that cold and are well for the trip to Utah! I hope that we can get together. I love you!!!
Yeah! What great news! I'm lovin that look of Beck's and you can barely notice his scar. That was a cute video. Happy late birthday to Gwen. She is such a doll! And that is so crazy about all of the flooding. It makes me so sad!
LOVE THE VIDEO! I'm going to have to try that with our tunnel. Oh and I have a binky clip for you. :)
Post a Comment