Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Update 4/2/08

Happy Greetings from the Scadlock household. I would love to say "happy greetings from the Scadlock yard" or "happy greetings from the Scadlock's, enjoying the great outdoors," but no...Iowa is still cold and we are still stuck in doors. Iowa was even kind enough to kick off the month of April with snow. Lovely! It's alright because I am sure that the warm weather is just around the corner and soon I will be complaining about the heat.

Gwen enjoying the snow

Everything here is great. Last week Nate traveled to Dallas, TX to attend the National Nursing Association meetings. This was a great opportunity for him and his career. Last year for a school project Nate and a few others wrote a resolution about how they believe that it should be a law that all coaches are CPR certified. His school liked the resolution so much that they sent him and another to the Iowa Nursing Association meeting to present it to the board. The Iowa board liked it so much that they sent him and another girl to Dallas this past week. They completely paid for the trip and put Nate in this amazing hotel (rooms are from $750-$1,500 a night). Nate's resolution passed with a 99% rate. Way to go! During this time Nate was able to meet with many different people from top schools in the USA. This will help immensely when it comes to the time where we will make the decision on where to move for Nate's doctorate or masters program. Our top choices (right now) are: University of Utah, University of Iowa and the University of Michigan. Nate will start applying this summer so we will keep you posted. I am leaning toward the University of Iowa because I am little nervous to leave Beck's doctors.

Nate's hotel (not quite a Super 8!)

While Nate was gone his aunt Kally and his cousin Miquel came to stay with me. I know...I am a wimp when it comes to staying alone and I am so grateful that they were here to keep me company and entertain my children. Actually this was a great thing for me to have them here. Nate's aunt Kally just celebrated her 19th year of having her heart transplant. I know that I probably drover her crazy talking transplant...but I can't express how much it helped. I am still such a basket case when it comes to Beckham and it is great to know that I am supposed to feel that way. Kally is a great photographer and she took such cute pictures of my kiddos.


Other then that, we are all doing great. Beck is getting a tooth and is not the happiest camper but he is doing pretty well. We got his results back from his CMV test yesterday and he tested negative! Yeah! This does not mean that he will be able to come off the Valcyte, but it does mean that the med is doing its job. Beckham's ear also finally stopped oozing. Yeah again! Here is a couple fun facts: Beck weighs two pounds less than Gwen and they are now in the same diaper size. I love it!

Look at Beck's scar. You can barely see it!

That's all from us. Wishing you all warm weather very soon!

-Kim, Nate, Gwen & Beck

13 comments:

Mitzi said...

I'm so glad that things are going well. I'm happy that Nate was able to go to Dallas and present and do what sounds like a wonderful job. I also think that his resolution sounds wonderful! So you get a thumbs up from me. Gwen looks so cute in her little white dress and pig tails!!! Beckham is getting so big, I can't believe it and to think we never have met this fighter. You can't even tell he had such a rough start to life by looking at the pics. I hope it warms up for you guys in Iowa. I vote either Iowa or Utah. (The Utah one is just for selfish reasons so you can be closer to us again... so just ignore the selfishness and I hope you guys end up in the best place for you guys (where ever that may be!) Okay okay I know I wrote a novel sorry!! Have a wonderful day and I hope that things continue to go well!!! We miss you guys!

Crystal said...

CHOOSE THE U OF U PLEASE!!! I would LOVE it if you guys lived here!!

When I looked at the last picture of Beck I didn't even realize his scar was missing! I couldn't see it at all. Then when I read the caption it hit me... "OH MY GOSH!! WHERE DID IT GO??" That is just incredible! And I am SO glad his CMV is negative and his ear is better.

And don't feel bad about the snow, we got tons too.

Much Love,
~Crystal

Sarah said...

I can't even see Beck's scar, thats crazy! I think the Gwen looks just like Nate and Beckham like you. I am glad you are doing better!

Andrea said...

yeah for Nate....that is SO cool he got to do all of that!! i just love reading your updates on your cute family kim! the pics of the kids are so adorable!! gwen is such a cutie in her dress and pigtails--what a little princess! and beckham's smile is SO cute it just makes me smile looking at him :)

{Erica} said...

I think it's such a great thing that Nate and his classmates did...and that hotel...yeah, just a few steps up from a motel 6 right?! :)

I love the pictures of your cute little kids...I miss you, we need to hang out again SOON!

Sandi said...

Good job Nate. That's awesome that he got to go to Dallas and stay at that hotel. I love the pics of the kids and those blue eyes!

musson said...

Congratulations Nate!!! What an accomplishment and a nice hotel ya got to stay in.
And Qwen is getting so big and looks like Nate! oh my goodness. She is adorable in the pig tail shot.

I'm glad to hear the improvement on Beck, you guys were in our prayers!!

Ryan & Holly Willard said...

Kim,
I miss you guys so much. I was excited to see that the UofU is a top choice. Everytime I look at Beck's pictures I tear up. He is such a miracle! We were amazed by his scar, you can't even see it. love ya

kdance said...

That hotel is amazing! It's a hard-knock life for Nate! Yay for testing negative for CMV. I am in love with Gwen and Becks--you and Nate make cute babies! Last night was fun --let's do it again! Let's go walking, too!

Heather O'Brien said...

Too much to say about this post! First I have to give my vote to U of Iowa. Then you would live by me!! Gwen and Beckham are adorable. I can't believe he only weighs 2 pounds less. That is so funny. Gwen is getting so much hair! I'm lovin the pigtails. Anyways, glad to see your lives are semi decent right now! Hope to see you soon!

buhlersdayoff said...

how stinkin adorable she is!! I love the pics and hope that you guys move to Utah so we can hang out more but I would understand the whole doc situation. Good luck and we will keep our fingers crossed that whatever works out will be what you want!!

mary said...

CUTE pictures, Kim! I love the one of Beck in his towel and Gwen in her pigtails.

Courtney said...

Those pictures of Gwen are so cute! I love the first picture of her picking up the snow! And a Congrats for Nate on the passing of his Coach CPR thing! I think that all coaches should know CPR.