Beckham's results from his ear culture came back this week. They showed that Beckham's ear infection turned out to be a bacterial infection. In fact, the bacteria that was infecting his ear was one that neither his pediatrician or his transplant doctor had ever heard about. It is a very rare bacteria that seldom effects humans unless they are immuno-suppressed. Hmmm...well go figure! Beck's ear is still oozing some, but we can at least touch it and clean it. He has finished both of his antibiotics and now we just have to give it more time to heal. It just takes him a little longer than most babies!
Beckham seems to be doing great. He has recently started crawling (well, army-crawling) everywhere. He still has no desire to sit up, but we know that he can do it because we can sit him up and he will stay until he realizes what he is doing and then he immediately face plants into the carpet. Here is a video of him "crawling." Nate recorded it on his phone so it is not the best quality.
Beckham is also starting to get into things. I was changing Gwen's diaper the other day and when I went to reach for the Desitin tub (yes, we have to buy Desitin in bulk tubs) it was not where I left it. I looked over and Beckham was rolling around with it. I cleaned it off of his hands and off the carpet and returned to changing Gwen. Nate came down a couple of minutes later and started laughing. He picked up Beck and turned him around to show me his face that was covered in Desitin. Oops.....I did not think to even check if he had Desitin on his face. It was pretty cute.

Yesterday we took the kiddos to the zoo here in Des Moines. Not the best zoo I have been to, but it was free and the kids loved getting out. We also took our little friend Elijah. Elijah was a blast to take. He loves animals and named each and everyone we passed. Elijah has leukemia, and is currently battling the disease. He is such a little fighter. If it was not for his bald head you would never know he is sick. With Beckham and Elijah together we called our group the "immuno-suppessed express." Good thing that Gwen is finally getting hair or you would think we had a whole slew of sickies!



Happy Easter to each of you. Also, a happy spring. Spring is such an exciting time for us because we are finally getting closer to escaping from our little hideaway!
-Kim, Nate, Gwen & Beck
11 comments:
I'm so glad you could get out for a bit especially Gwen. I think it's funny that Beck crawled to one of the most expensive things in the room, a computer. You better watch out for him. I love the picture of Beck too it made me laugh. Kim, he looks a lot like you.:)
I am glad the doctors finally figured out his ear situation. I hope it continues to heal quickly. The pictures of the kids are SO cute. Love the Desitin picture...priceless, Beck makes it look yummy! Gwen looks so cute with her little pony tail on the top of her head too. Such a cute family!
I'm glad that you guys went to the zoo... cabin fever can really get to you!!!
Both kids are so cute! We miss you guys
I am so glad you guys are finally able to leave your house. Now that we are not in the same ward I don't see you and get updates so I still read your blog, Hope you don't mind. Anyways I love the destin picture, Beck is the cutest little boy.
-Allison Spjut
I can't believe Beck is crawling! How exciting.
You are so lucky he is crawling! I am jealous, Lily just turned 1 and has no desire to crawl stand or walk. You guys are great!
so awesome that beck is crawling! The zoo looked like fun.
Look at him MOVE!! That is so cool. Sorry I haven't commented in a while.. I've been limiting my computer time by staying up to date using my reader....
Anyways.. I sure hope his ear finally clears up.
He's gettin' huge! Awesome! Hey, question. How did you change the font on the Willard blog when you did your post? Just curious. And are you guys planning on coming to any of the willard vacay's this summer? (Flaming Gorge or Bear Lake)? Let me know...
Okay, Beckham army crawls EXACTLY like Evan used two--one arm and all! It's so funny to watch!
I am so in love with the picture of Desitin on Beck's face.
Dave wants to go see that movie with Nate this week!
Hey guys,
Cute pictues! Thanks so much for taking Elijah with you. He asks me everyday to go to the zoo, so I'm sure it was the highlight of his day!! Now you gus know how it would be with 3 kids to chase. HaHa! Good thing Elijah doesn't have his full strength back, he is still easy to keep up with! Talk to you all soon.
Amanda
Post a Comment