
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Kid Captain

(aren't his curls adorable? I can't bring myself to cut his hair, even though, when wet, his hair hangs clear past his nose)
On top of him being chosen to be honored at the Iowa bowl game, given that they go to a bowl game (he will also be mentioned at the Pittsburgh vs. Iowa game which we will attend), they also came to our house and filmed a video of him which will be displayed at the game and will be available on YouTube, and they took pictures of him in a Hawkeye jersey. I wish I could display all of the pictures they took, but the photographer charges a ridiculous amount of money just for a copy (seriously! She wants $20 for just one a 5x7. Really?). Though, my favorite part of the photo shoot was when the photographer was taking pictures of Beckham (he was conveniently being defiant to everything she asked him to do....shocker), and she asked him to hold up his finger and shout, "Hawks are #1." He responded by holding up his middle finger (he likes to point with that finger), smile mischievously, and shout that the "Hawks are #1." It was classic!
Thank you, University of Iowa Children's Hospital for choosing our little guy! We feel very honored and grateful that Beckham gets to have this opportunity.
-Beckham & Co.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What an awesome honor! I can't believe that you don't get some complimentary copies of the photos... who is in charge of the PR over there??!!
How exciting!! Those curls are darling!
What an incredible honor!!
Oh, this post made me laugh out loud. I'm sure for YEEEEEARS you & your husband will flip each other off & say that the Hawks are #1!
{Ok, or at least that's what we would do at our house!} LOVED that story!
And yes, what an honor!
Post a Comment