Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our baby girly is here....

....and we sure do love her!

introducing: Blythe Kimberly Scadlock

After a 23 hours of labor consisting of being in the hospital all night on the 10th, being sent home because I was not dilating (I might have muttered a few choice words when that happened! You just don't send a girl in labor home!), returning home and having my water break on the 11th, and finally having her on the 12th, Blythe made her appearance into the world on 12/12/10 at 2:56 AM. She weighed 7.6 lbs, is 19 inches long, and is healthy and as beautiful as we could have hoped for. We are seriously in love with this baby and more thankful to our Heavenly Father than we can even express. Sorry this post is a little after the birth of the baby, but I forgot how much work a newborn is, and finding time to blog is WAY harder than it was before.

Nate, minutes after she was born. Such a proud daddy.


This is the first time the kiddos were able to see Blythe. Gwen was in love, Beck...hmm...not so much (as is apparent with the look on his face!).

Don't worry, though, he warmed up to the idea of being a big brother pretty fast!

This photo is a little blurry (it was taken with my phone), but is their anything cuter than Gwen's expression? She is completely taken and crazy about her little sister!

And here she is at day 3, absolutely perfect! Love her!

Thank you to all our amazing friends here in Iowa City that watched our kiddos while Nate and I were in the hospital. We could not have done this without you! Actually, Blythe was born during a blizzard, and we are so grateful that we were able to get Gwen and Beck to our friends house in safety and get ourselves safely to the hospital in the process.

It feels so strange taking care of a baby that you does not require large amounts of meds, monitoring, and multiple daily doctor appointments, but we'd take her however she came! Welcome to our family, baby Blythe. We couldn't be more grateful to have you as our own!

22 comments:

The Burrows Family said...

Congrats Kim and family! She is so gorgeous! I'm glad she is here. And those pictures with Gwen and Beckham smiling are priceless! Maybe we'll get to meet her one day before we are living really really far away again. Hope you're feeling good and getting some sleep too.

Holly said...

Oh! my! goodness! I love these photos!! I literally laughed hysterically when I saw the one of Beck and Gwen with Blythe. His expression is so adorably "boy!" Looking sweetly overwhelmed. Love him (and all that hair!!!!)! The next photo of him is so precious. And Gwen is just too gorgeous for words, the picture of a perfect big sister. We're so happy everything went well for you. It was great chatting tonight! Love to you all. :)

Posh Totty said...

She's beautiful, congratulations to you all :O) Xxxx

Jennilyn said...

Congratulations!!! I am so so happy for you. She is adorable and I LOVE her name. That pic of gwen and her is prefect!!! She will be an amazing big sister. Just what you will need a big helper or second mom as we call Brooklyn at our house. We send all our love and good health to you.

Megan and Shawn said...

That is wonderful news! Congratulations, and a great day to be born - Shawn's birthday! What a great early Holiday gift.

Jen said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable!

J and C said...

yeah-- she's a cutie!

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! Can't wait to meet her!

allison said...

Congratulations! She is darling! love the pictures of your kids holding her and I cannot believe the last picture is her at 3 days she is wide awake and her eyes are open. I am glad everything went well for you.

mary said...

WOW, she is so adorable!! I LOVE her name. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Congratulations!! Enjoy this sweet newborn ... she will be big all too soon.

Lainey-Paney said...

Congratulations!!!!

Mitzi said...

She is so cute! Glad everything went well... minus the long tough labor! Wish we could be there!

lexie said...

congrats! New borns are harder tben I remembered too! But yours is so cute-she is worth it!!

Nicole said...

Congratulations you guys!! WE are so thrilled for you! She is beautiful and we are soooo happy she is healthy and well. We know that sense of relief and gratitude. I LOVE the picture of Gwen with her, she is going to be a great big sister and just love little Blythe to pieces!! Enjoy & I sure hope you are getting some rest. You have made me nervous with remembering how hard a new born is the first few weeks. Our little girl is coming in 20 days!

Heidi Schmidt said...

Congratulations to your family!! What adorable pics!

Have a great Christmas :) Hopefully we can make it down for a visit in January...if that's ok with you guys :)

Heidi, Kevin, Ellie & Katelyn

ps- the whole first week Katelyn was born I was thinking about getting her meds ready with Ellie's!

Val said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! We are so happy for you and your family!

Mary said...

Nicki Carter just shared your blog address with me. I have a heart baby who's 8mths old today. He's had 8 surgeries, 5 being open heart. He's hypoplastic right with a condition called Heterotaxy. Basically his hearts on the right side of his body, it's upside down and backwards in his chest as well as him having no spleen. Anyway, Your blog is great and congratulations on your beautiful baby girl.

Unknown said...

Congrats! She is a doll.
I know it takes some getting used to not having meds to get ready or an ng tube to worry about. Soo different! We are so happy for you guys

Mimi said...

Oh KIM!!! I feel like crying!

she IS perfect!

Congrats!!! congrats!!! Congrats!!!

Teresa said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and I love her name...especially her middle name. Best wishes with everything!

Jenna said...

Hi Beckham
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. u are an amazing brave courageous fighter. Ur new baby sister is so adoreable.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease. i love it when others sign my guestbook. http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!