Monday, December 6, 2010

A new post (finally!)

(Warning: all pictures in the post were taken on my phone and are fuzzy. We had to reset our computer and in doing so, our camera software was erased and now has to be reinstalled. I have been trying to reinstall it this morning...obviously I am not smart enough for the task!)

This has to be my longest blog hiatus ever! Over a month without a post? Sheesh. I wish I could chalk it up to something super incredible and exciting, but the fact of the matter is that it's mainly due to laziness. Pure, plain laziness. Sad!

The great news is that we are all doing great, staying healthy, and enjoying our holiday season. Our baby girl has yet to be born, but I'm thinking that it will happen sooner than later. I am already dilated to a 2 and about 60% effaced. Both Gwen and Beckham were born at 38 weeks, which I will be on Wednesday, so I guess we'll have to see if this baby follows the same suit as well. We're sure excited for her to join our family, though, and none
-so-much-so as our little Gwen. She asks everyday if the baby can come out, and every time I go to the bathroom she asks if I am having the baby. Love it!

Me in my 9 month pregnancy glory (doesn't my hand look huge?)! My favorite part is Gwen's smile in the background.

As for a Beckham update, he is doing fabulous. A few weeks after I was diagnosed with cancer, Beck's puking a pooping decided to stop on it's own. It was almost as if his little body knew that there was more craziness in our house and that it needed to give us a break. It could also be due to the fact that he was treated for just about everything under the sun (GI treatments), and something decided to work and cure whatever what reeking havoc in his body. Either way, I'm sure glad it's over! It's so nice to see Beckham healthy and happy and gaining weight. He finally reached to 30lbs mark - something we have been hoping for, for over a year - and continues to gain weight and have healthy normal labs with perfect platelets and hemoglobin. Actually, both his cardiologist and hematologist are blown away at how well he is doing both heart wise and blood wise. The trick now is to keep him healthy and from relapsing into his Evan's Syndrome. His remission period from his Evan's Syndrome last year was about 7 months, and we are hoping to blow that record out of the water!

Beckham wearing his potty seat as a hat. Sadly, this is as far as we have come in potty training progress.

As for me, I am doing great as well. I am also considered "in remission," as the doctor has removed all of the signs of cancer from my body. He (my oncologist) would like to do the radiation treatment sooner than later (meaning, in 6 months instead of a year) because of the fact that there were some micro-cancerous cells found in my dissected thyroid, meaning that the cancerous tumor was probably just about to enter my thyroid. This does not change anything in my condition because my thyroid is gone, and it's a great thing that we decided to removed the whole thing instead of only the tumor itself, but it only changes the fact that he would like to get the radiation over with so that there is no risk of the cancer coming back. Make sense?

Now, all that is left is to get through the next couple of weeks with the birth of our baby girl, Nate taking finals and finishing up this semester, and Christmas fast approaching. Keep checking back for news of our new arrival. I promise to keep the blog updated on that!

This picture has nothing to do with the post, but I just love it and love those kiddos!

-Beckham & Co.

12 comments:

J and C said...

so glad to hear from you and that you all your doing amazing. A Christmas miracle!

The Burrows Family said...

I'm so glad to hear you are all doing so well! I'm so excited for your little girl to make her appearance. It is so exciting when it's so close. Hopefully Nate can finish up finals before the baby comes. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. You and your family are amazing.

Stefenie said...

Well, I have definitely missed your updates but I am so glad to hear that things are going well. I can't wait for your baby girl's arrival. I know she will be extra loved by her big sissy. Love the pic with her HUGE grin in the background. PRECIOUS!!

How great to hear that Beck is doing awesome too!! Praying it stays that way.

Praying for you too!!!

RHONDA said...

It is so wonderful to hear from you! You look beautiful by the way, fuzzy pics and all!! Thank God for such a wondeful report on Beckham and you for that matter..What a Miracle..Continue to pray for you and Beckham! I cannot wait to hear the great report about the birth of your precious daughter and see her pics... Zeb got a kick out of Beck's potty pic and I loved the pic of the two kiddos it is precious...Sending Love and Prayers from SC. Rhonda :)

cici said...

So happy to read a good news post. Everyone looks fabulous and I can't wait to see pictures of new little sister.
Missed you
Have a happy Holiday Season!

Megan and Shawn said...

Good luck with baby girl~ you're such a trooper. Hopefully the good health streak will run over into the holidays!

Kaycee said...

Gosh, I've missed you! ;)
So happy to hear all is well with the family. Can't wait to hear about baby #3. Good luck. You'll still be in our prayers!! Love you!

Holly said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE a post full of good news and beautiful photos! I especially love that last one of Beck and Gwen. Adore it. We love you guys, and are so incredibly happy to see things are going so well. Can't wait to hear about Baby Scadlock's arrival!

lexie said...

Glad that you guys are getting alittle break. You will need it with a new born coming. I forgot how much work they are and how tired you are at the end of the day-which never really ends cause babies are up all night too!!! I am excited to see the little one when she comes. And btw you tummy is so cute! But I am glad I don't have one any more :)

Unknown said...

Wow. In awe. I'm so happy for you and wishing you continued good health and lots of luck for a blessed new year!!

Sadaf

Heidi Schmidt said...

Wow, you look great for 9 months prego!! What a little basketball tummy you have, it's perfect. I noticed Gwen in the background right away in that pic, too cute. Your hair is really cute, too!

So, I'm reading along and Ellie says 'who's that?" It's Beckham I say. "Oh, is he my friend?" Yes. "Is that a potty seat he's wearing?" Hahaha, I couldn't tell what it was right away but she sure knew!

Good luck with delivery. So excited to hear the news that she has arrived!

Heidi, Kevin, Ellie & Katelyn

Teresa said...

Best wishes with Baby #3! Thanks so much for the update. I am so happy to hear that Beckham is doing well.