We visited the GI doctor today and I think that we might finally have some options (hopefully). The GI doctor actually was very impressed with Beck's size even though he has lost some weight. His exact words were "he's a chunk." Beckham is only in the 25% of weight for his age but he has such a big head and such huge cheeks that people think he is super chunky. Well, I guess that he is chunky next to our little Gwen.
We actually were really excited this weekend and full of hope because Beckham went 3 days without vomiting but then Sunday he got really mad during med time and vomited. Maybe I should look at the 3 days as progress. The GI doctor said that this is a "learned behavior" issue (which we already figured) and that he thinks the G-tube would be a bad idea because with the tube we would be putting the meds directly into his stomach and if he gets ticked off he can still vomit all of his meds. He does not rule out a G-tube, but wants it to be a "last option" resort. His suggestions were to first- add extra calories to his food so that he can re-gain the weight he lost and second - we are changing one of his meds (Prilosec) to a powder form so that we can mix it with his food. He hates the Prilosec and a lot of the time that is the med that sets him off. The doctors third suggestion was that we have a Speech Pathologist come in and work with Beckham to help him not react to his meds and anger with vomiting. We'll see if any of these work.
Beck was playing on the floor the other night and suddenly stopped. I went to check on why and this is what I found. SO CUTE!!
-Kim, Nate, Gwenyth & Beck

12 comments:
What a sweet little boy! We would love to meet him and hope that it will happen on day soon.
He is so cute. I love when they look so peaceful in their sleep!
I hope that things get better with the med issue. What a cute little kiddo!
you have such cute kids. It has been fun seeing you at the playground lately.
Awww bless him, he is gorgeous :o) Xxxx
how cute! B has yet to fall asleep playing!! We will continue to keep our fingers crossed for you guys and hope that everything continues to get better!! you are already my idol so keep up the awesome work...LOVE YA
He's adorable! That's all I have to say about that.
He is SO cute!! And he's just like Noah... small but looks chunky with those chubby cheeks!
That is one of the most precious pictures ever! I love those times when only you as a parent can fall totally in love with your kids all over again. Good luck with the meds, poor guy I'm sure he never wants to see medicine again!
I'm so glad that he doesn't hate the powder stuff as much. My sister is a Speech Pathologist. Let me know if you want me to ask her anything.
Holy cow, how adorable is the sleeping picture!!! Evan has never done that before. I wish he would--it's so cute! I have an appt. at 4 pm tomorrow. If Evan is awake, do you want to walk from like 2:45-3:45? If not, let's shoot for Wed.
Oh that is so great that the Dr gave you other options besides the GI. I know you must be somewhat relieved. Beck looks so great and super happy. Love you,
Chris
This boy is just SO cute.
Post a Comment