UPDATE: Sweet little Jim Jim passed away last night (Halloween) and is now out of pain and with his Heavenly Father. My heart is broken for his little family, for all that they have been through, and for the fact Jimmy was never able to receive the precious gift of a new heart. I am, however, so grateful that I was able to know this adorable little boy and see the joy that he brought into so many lives. I think my favorite memories of him was when Beck and I walked passed his room (when Beck was in the PICU for his ITP) and saw Jimmy's little Cars table filled with doctors and nurses, all playing "airplane" with him - the doctors and nurses would reach into the air and press a pretend overhead button, and then Jimmy's would walk out and ask to take their order because he was their flight attendant. When Jim Jim noticed Beck and I, he asked if we wanted to play and I promptly said "yes, could you get me a pop," and, Jimmy, without a thought answered, "sorry, we're out of pop right now, please make another selection!" It was great and that memory still makes me smile to this day.
Thank you for all of your prayers for Jimmy, please keep his family in your prayers at this time.
Just a quick post to PLEASE ask for prayers for our cute little friend, Jim Jim. He is an adorable little 5 year old that has been waiting for a heart for over a year now. We first met Jimmy last year in the ICU when Beck had his stroke -Jimmy was in the hospital in heart failure after his Fontan (the third surgery for HLHS). He has been in the hospital since then because he has a
Berlin Heart that is keeping him alive. Jimmy has been doing well until the last couple of months, when he started go downhill with infections, phenomia, and then today he had a stroke. He went into surgery earlier today, where a shunt was placed in his brain. This has left him in very critical condition and I would ask that you please keep him and his family in your prayers.
Jim Jim in April. He became one of our best friends while Beck was in the ICU for his ITP and Hemolytic Anemia.For more info on Jimmy you can view his carepage (carepages.com/jimjim).
Thank you!
-Kim
4 comments:
My heart is broken for this sweet little guy and his famiy. Our prayers are with him and his family.
Prayers are all Jim Jim's tonight. Thank you for sharing him with us.
I am so sorry, Kim. It has got to be so hard to experience these things that you do... and also must be so rewarding. I'm sorry for his family and their loss. We will keep them in our prayers. Isn't it great that we know what we know?! I'm sure JimJim is in Heaven "taking orders" right now.
God bless Jim Jim and his family.
Heaven is an even better place now.
Post a Comment