We made a trip to the ER today for our little Beckham. He spiked a high fever yesterday and it continued through the night and into today. The funny thing is that we had a great "first" half of the day yesterday. We all woke up early and went to the Farmers Market (for those that live here in Iowa that have not been to the Farmers Market all I can say is that you need to go. It was super fun with lots of great food and much more). After the Farmers Market we went to a graduation party and then came home and played around. It was after all of that when I noticed that Beck was acting a little lethargic. I picked him up and that's when I noticed that he was smoking hot. I took his temp and it was around 103 degrees. He was also grabbing his ear (crap..not again!) and it was also oozing some. What the heck (I know the "heck" term makes me really sound like I am from Utah!), why can't I keep Beck's ears healthy? He was also refusing to eat or drink anything all day. I called his transplant coordinator and we both agreed that it would be best to just bring him into the ER because Beck always seems to catch the weirdest viruses/infections. So we skipped church (we felt like this was a good reason), dropped Gwen off at our friends house (thank you sooooo much Bret & Erica!) and headed to the hospital. To make a long story short, they concluded that our little man has another outer ear infection and a fever. He was given two shots of Rocephin, a prescription for another antibiotic, and sent home. It is strange to me that all of Beckham's ear infections only effect his outer ear and not his ear drum. I guess that is our Beckham!
Other than that we have all had a great week. The C.A.R.E. race last week turned out great. It poured rain, but that was not a problem. Nate ran with both of the kids in the jogger stroller and finished in around 30 minutes. Nice job! I volunteered for the race and stood on the corner directing traffic and telling the runners which way to go. The problem was that I forgot to ask which way the runners were supposed to turn and when it came the time to direct them I just had to guess. Luckily I guessed correctly.
Nate running with the kids
Beckham is growing so much. He now crawls like a normal baby and pulls himself up to a standing position against furniture. I can't believe that my baby is already 9 months. We will leave you with a fun video of our little guy. The video shows Beck's new trick.
Love,
Kim, Nate, Gwen & Beckham
7 comments:
I am so sorry Beck got sick again!! Will someone tell him his ears are NOT suppose to harbor germs. Good grief!
I hope he gets to feeling better really soon.
P.S. This video reminds me just how much alike beckham and Noah really are. Noah does this same thing all the time. And he looks just like this. It's so cute. I can't wait for the two of them to get together. OH!! Just had a prefect thought! When you come to Utah and we get together I am SO getting my cousin (she took the pictures of Lilly and Noah on my blog) to come and take pictures of the two of them together! How precious would that be?!?!?! Our two miracles!!
That is an awesome video...my favorite part is you laughing at him...I can see it now;)
Beck is soooo cute! I love the video. He looks a lot like Grandpa Wayne!
Kim, that sucks! I hope he'll get better quickly!
I'm glad that Beck is doing better, I hate hearing he's not feeling well.
LOVED the video! He almost made me dizzy!!
Kim, I'm way slow responding to you but it was so good to hear from you! I had no idea that your little guy has been having such a hard time. What an amazing story. I hope he feels better and continues to amaze. And, is it bad that whenever I think of "covered wagons" I think of you? Good luck girl!
I love the video clip! What a little cutie! And I have to agree, it was fun to hear you laugh too. Sorry about yet another ear infection! No fun! It sounds like other than that, Beck is doing great and learning so much.
Post a Comment